Republican Party of the Virgin Islands
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
the United States Virgin Islands
John Canegata is the party chairman. Lilliana Belardo de O’Neal, a former member territorial Legislature, and Jevon Williams serve on the Republican National Committee as national committeewoman and national committeeman respectively. 
Founded in 1948 as a committee under the leadership of Roy Gordon, it was the successor to the Republican Club of the Virgin Islands founded by Adolph Achille Gereau in 1924.
Incumbent Governor Kenneth Mapp had been a Republican member of the Virgin Islands Legislature, but was elected to the territorial governorship as an independent. Previously the lieutenant governor, he was the Republican nominee for Congress in 1996.
Republican National Convention
- Politics of the United States Virgin Islands
- Republican Party presidential debates, 2012
- Republican Party presidential primaries, 2012
- Results of the 2012 Republican Party presidential primaries
- “VI – Virgin Islands Republican Party & State Leadership Leadership”. GOP.
- “Virgin Islands Republican Delegation 2016”. www.thegreenpapers.com.