Keys is located south of the center of Cherokee County at  It is bordered by Park Hill to the north and Pettit to the south. The eastern end of the CDP is bordered by the Illinois River at the northern end of Tenkiller Ferry Lake.(35.805324, -94.946071).
Oklahoma State Highway 82 forms the western and southern edges of the Keys CDP; it leads north 8 miles (13 km) to Tahlequah, the Cherokee County seat, and southeast 5 miles (8.0 km) to Cherokee Landing State Park on Tenkiller Ferry Lake.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Keys CDP has a total area of 5.53 square miles (14.33 km2), of which 5.51 square miles (14.28 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.05 km2), or 0.33%, is water.
Keys has recently acquired a high school. Its mascot is a cougar, and the school colors are red and white.
At the 2010 census, there were 565 people, 189 households and 160 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 102.7 per square mile (40.4/km2). There were 221 housing units at an average density of 40.2/sq mi (15.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 47.8% White, 0.5% African American, 37.2% Native American, 2.3% from other races, and 12.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.2% of the population.
There were 189 households, of which 39.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.6% were married couples living together, 13.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.3% were non-families. 12.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.26.
29.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 9.0% from 18 to 24, 25.8% from 25 to 44, 22.3% from 45 to 64, and 13.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35.1 years. For every 100 females, there were 85.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.7 males.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Keys, Oklahoma
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Keys CDP, Oklahoma". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 18, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 U.S. Census: Profile of General Population and Housing". Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- "2010 U.S. Census: Age Groups and Sex". Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2012-12-09.