This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Choctaw County, Oklahoma.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Choctaw County, Oklahoma, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted March 17, 2023.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Chief's House||June 21, 1971
|1.5 miles northeast of Swink|
34°01′23″N 95°10′54″W / 34.023056°N 95.181667°W
|Swink||Built for the Appuckshunubbe District Chief, the 1830 Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek provided for its construction. This house at Swink is the only house still on its original site in existence from that era. Maintained by the Swink Historical Preservation Association, it is open by appointment. (2011)|
|2||Doaksville Site||May 29, 1975
|Address Restricted||Fort Towson|
|3||Everidge Cabin and Cemetery||March 31, 1982
|Off the railroad line|
33°56′34″N 95°21′19″W / 33.942778°N 95.355278°W
|4||Fort Towson||September 29, 1970
|1 mile northeast of Fort Towson|
34°01′34″N 95°15′08″W / 34.026111°N 95.252222°W
|5||Hugo Armory||September 8, 1988
|Jefferson and 3rd Sts.|
34°00′30″N 95°30′36″W / 34.008333°N 95.51°W
|6||Hugo Frisco Railroad Depot||June 6, 1980
|N. A and Jackson Sts.|
34°00′43″N 95°30′53″W / 34.011944°N 95.514722°W
|7||Hugo Historic District||November 12, 1980
|U.S. Routes 70 and 271|
34°00′39″N 95°30′46″W / 34.010867°N 95.512864°W
|8||Hugo Public Library||September 8, 1988
|703 E. Jackson St.|
34°00′39″N 95°30′17″W / 34.0108°N 95.5048°W
|Hugo||Building replaced by the Choctaw County Public Library in 2004.|
|9||Rose Hill Plantation||March 15, 2010
|10||Speer School||September 8, 1988
|Off U.S. Route 271 east on a county road|
34°06′49″N 95°32′54″W / 34.113611°N 95.548333°W
|11||Spencer Academy||May 21, 1975
|10 miles north of Fort Towson|
34°08′51″N 95°21′37″W / 34.1475°N 95.360278°W
|12||Spencerville School Campus||September 8, 1988
|South of Spencerville|
34°08′31″N 95°22′13″W / 34.141944°N 95.370278°W
|13||Willie W. Wilson House||April 20, 1982
|Northeastern corner of the junction of Cincinnati Ave. and Main St.|
34°01′15″N 95°15′55″W / 34.02087°N 95.26541°W
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Oklahoma
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oklahoma
- ^ The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- ^ National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved March 17, 2023.
- ^ Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- ^ The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.