This is a list of properties and districts in Mississippi that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are more than 1,400 sites distributed among all of Mississippi's 82 counties.
The locations of National Register properties and districts (at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below), may be seen in an online map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates".
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of March 13, 2009 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which modify the area covered by an existing property or district and which carry a separate National Register reference number.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved December 1, 2023.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Woodrow Wilson Bridge and Byram Bridge (Hinds and Rankin), Big Black River Battlefield and Big Black River Railroad Bridge (Hinds and Warren), French Site (22HO565) (Carroll and Holmes), Gatesville Bridge (Copiah and Simpson), Pharr Mounds (Itawamba and Prentiss), and Waverly Bridge (Clay and Lowndes).