National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in South Carolina
- “National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions”. National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 14, 2018.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). “National Register Information System”. National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- “National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions”. National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- Duplicate listings are: Ashley River Historic District, Ashley River Road, Secessionville Historic District
- The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Ashley River Historic District (Charleston and Dorchester), Ashley River Road (Charleston and Dorchester), Gervais Street Bridge (Lexington and Richland), Kings Mountain National Military Park (Cherokee and York), Middleton Place (Charleston and Dorchester), Pendleton Historic District (Anderson, Oconee and Pickens).