This is a list of properties and historic districts in the U.S. state of South Dakota that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The state's more than 1,300 listings are distributed across all of its 66 counties.
The locations of National Register properties and districts (at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below), may be seen in an online map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates".
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county.
Current listings by county
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Dakota
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in South Dakota
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of March 13, 2009 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 22, 2021.
- Medicine Creek Archeological District in Hughes and Lyman counties