National Register of Historic Places listings in Whitfield County, Georgia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Thomas A. Berry House||April 5, 1984
|506 Hawthorne St.
|2||July 9, 1980
|506 S. Thornton Ave.
|3||May 30, 1979
|4||Dalton Commercial Historic District||December 5, 1988
|Roughly bounded by Hamilton, Pentz, Waugh and Morris Sts.; also roughly centered on Hamilton St., and bounded by S. Thornton Ave., Morris and Hawthorne Sts., and the railroad lines
||Dalton||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of April 19, 2006|
|5||July 15, 1982
|101 S. Selvidge St.
|6||Masonic Lodge No. 238||February 22, 1996
|600 S. Hamilton St.
|7||July 5, 2002
|Thornton Place, Willow Park Dr., Sunset Cirtcle, and Walnut Ave.
|8||Prater’s Mill||April 25, 1978
|N of Dalton on GA 2
|9||May 10, 2005
|1385 Dawnville Rd.
|10||June 4, 1992
|Roughly bounded by Crawford St., Thornton Ave., W. Franklin St., Valley Dr., Emory St. and West Hill Cemetery
|11||Western and Atlantic Depot||April 6, 1978
|Depot St., W end of King St.
||Dalton||Built in 1914, renovated in 2009. Also a contributing property to the Dalton Commercial Historic District and is now a visitor’s center.|
|12||Western and Atlantic Railroad Tunnel at Tunnel Hill||January 11, 2002
|Western and Atlantic Railroad
- “National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions”. National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 15, 2020.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.